Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Highland XC Season 2012

Here's my Teesh Lareesh pushing through knee pain, keep it up!


This year Leticia and Sierra both decided to run cross country. Sierra makes me laugh because at the first practice, coach Rowles had them run a fair distance and then do some interesting walking movements and upon completion said now if you can do this you are on the team. Sierra was so ecstatic, she raised her hand and said, "coach, coach I am doing it". She then realized he was kidding and pretty much anyone who wants can run cross country. Oh my sweet little innocent Sierra, I love you!
I love that my girls had the confidence to run and compete with more seasoned runners. Like I always say, it is not a competition between anyone else, only yourself. I would have the girls set a personal time goal before each meet. Sierra once again made me smile, when I would ask her she would say,"Mom, don't make me think about that it makes me nervous." Oh sweet little daughter you have a competitive mother and one who feels goals are a necessary part of this great life.
Coach Rowles giving last minute pointers.

Before a meet, warming up and mentally preparing.

On your mark, get set, boom!

and they are off.......
Go Highland.






Teesh shaved 4 minutes off from the beginning of the season.  So proud of you Teesh, way to push yourself.
For one of the meets, Sierra was moved to Varsity.



Here is Sierra after achieving her personal record! Way too be Sierra.
It was an up and down experience for the girls. They had 6 meets for their season. The meets were on Wednesday afternoon. I was fortunate enough to be able to attend every one of  them. I love cheering for my girls along the way. Truthfully, it makes we want to join in and run right beside them but that would be embarrassing as well as they would be disqualified so I will restrain myself and be the cheerleader.
 I would run from one point in the race to the next and scream out my girls names. I knew they loved it because I would see grins and buttons popping! It was hilarious one meet I had Bria and Ada with me. Little side note:  Ada has her own language and we hope for her to be able to join us in our English language soon but for the time being she has some interesting dialects of English. Sierra is Hahee in Ada language.   Anyway back to topic, I was screaming Go Sierra, Go Teesh and Ada is a second delay behind with go Hahee go Teesh. Everyone around would laugh and say how precious. It is precious that she would cheer her big sisters on. How lucky we are to have healthy bodies that can do what we need/want them to do.
Way too go Sierra and Teesh! You make your parents proud, now look who is busting buttons!
At one of the meets, the girl's Young Woman President, Tammy Simons, came to cheer them on. It was something she didn't have to do but did anyway and made them this adorable goodie. Thanks Tammy Simons for magnifying your calling and supporting our girls.

 Every year at the end of the season we have an awards dinner where the athletes are given awards and parents are invited for a dinner from Olive Garden. It was exciting to see the progress both Teesh and Sierra have made.

 Graciously accepting the compliments


 Leticia receiving her award

 Sierra listening to the compliments her coach shared
Receiving her award

No comments:

Post a Comment