Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mixing it up!

With our crazy schedules we rarely do anything spontaneous, there just isn't a lot of wiggle room with the older girls schedules.  It was Thursday and everyone was home with no obligations and all homework complete so we jumped in the Yukon and headed to see a movie. Bria and Ada sadly have never been to a theater so they were confused and were asking a lot of questions. Sierra drove, that is her no found place in our family vehicle. I sit in the back stressed out. She is a good driver just a daring driver and it stresses me out royally.
We made the night extra special and purchased popcorn, yes we were going all out at the dollar theater. We decided on Brave. It was a cartoon and Bria was glued to the screen. She was mesmerized by the whole experience. Ada, on the other hand, had no interest. She had to hold the popcorn and wanted something every few minutes. I was getting so frustrated with her but this is just a season that I will miss, maybe! The movie was cute, what I could see anyway.
 I took a quick shot of the girls, memories. Sierra said I am so embarrassing and weird. You'll thank me one day little Magera. Teesh you'll get more out of the movie with your eyes open, ha ha. I should be a comedian.
 Corby took this without telling me, sheesh, give a woman a warning! Ada with her popcorn and Bria preparing for the new adventure.



In our theme of mixing it up, I also took the oldest three to the play "Wicked-er" at Desert Star Playhouse. My friend, Kammie, got discount tickets if we went as a group so she organized this great afternoon for us at an awesome price. The play is a spoof on "Wicked". Seeing how my girls nor myself have seen "Wicked", I worried we would not understand the humor, but it all worked out. I thought it to be funny but the girls don't get that kind of humor and didn't think it was as funny as I did. Am I getting old? Have I arrived to that place in life where just experience replayed in a humorous way is funny? Guess my train has arrived and frankly I am ok with it. 
After the play, we dropped Malia off at Avery's house for a birthday party and Sierra wanted to hang with friends so Corby, myself, Teesh and two youngest headed to Lehi for a wedding reception. Amanda Fox got married. The reception had dancing and our little ones really got into it. I have a video of little Ada, it was priceless to watch them. Kids are great, no inhibitions, just do what you want. I love that about Bria and Ada. Teesh videoed them for me. Our families met when we both lived in Magna. Such good down-to-earth folks and dear friends to us. It was a great evening of memory flooding and reacquainting with dear old friends. When we lived in Magna, I belonged. I had friends. I felt accepted. I felt loved. When we felt the impression to move 8 years ago it was bittersweet. I knew it was time for the next phase in our lives but it was just so good. Where we live now I have nothing of the same feelings, I don't belong, I don't feel accepted and I definitely don't have unconditional love. I know we were to move here and still to this day I don't know why. It has been hard since day one. Sorry, tangent! The reception was just such a breath of fresh air, I loved that evening.

On the way home from Lehi, we stopped in at Jaren and Cindy's for our weekend ritual of Slide 5 and Five Crowns. Sierra's plans fell through so she spent the evening alone at our house. I wish Sierra would spend more time with us but friends are important as a teenager but hopefully one day she will see we are pretty good company too! Malia had a great time getting her first mani and pedi and going to a full price movie. Thank goodness others provide our children with full price experiences! Malia came home all smiles, it is good to see her have friends again since Lucy moved.

What a fun week to do a few out of the routine experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment