Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

 I was really into making crafts when my first three children were small. I still love to decorate with these even after all these years.

Bria and Ada made these in preschool! 

This final craft has to be one of my most favorite Thanksgiving Day decorations. I love it! It was so fun, I made and sold over 45 of these babies.

Onto the real meaning of the day!
 What a great day this turned out to be. It was our year to spend with Corby's family and since they weren't getting together till Saturday it was looking like I was going to be making the whole meal for just our crew.....but in the nick of time we were given an invite to Jaren and Cindy's and we snatched that offer up in a quick hurry(I have yet to make the Thanksgiving meal, it has been almost 19 years and I am hoping to keep it that way) I love cooking but that meal is just too much to do alone. Plus if you are me, I have to do everything from scratch, no shortcuts so it is an even larger task. Here we are at the table about to begin eating the grub. Teesh is sitting by Stephen(Cindy's stepfather)


 Here is Corby listening to his mother talk about something super important, see how he is concentrating.

 Sierra and Malia
 Jaren and Cindy showing some very inappropriate public display of affection, sheesh guys, there are kids in the room. Cindy's mother, Linda, who made this entire meal, hid from the camera, but should rightfully be included. Thanks to her effort we all were completely satisfied and became pleasantly plump.

We were all finished with dinner, but not Kathleen(Corby's mother). She likes to enjoy her food, so there she sits all alone finishing her fantastic meal.  While the rest of the gang moved on to the next favorite part of the day. Laying around relaxing and looking at adds for Black Friday shopping.  

Myself, Teesh, Malia, Cindy, Linda and Kathleen all headed out for our annual 5 mile walk after dinner. We have a path with lots of hills so it gets the 'ole heart a pumpin and feels so great. It is November and not an ounce of snow to  be found. I was wearing a jacket and even got a bit hot with that. What is wrong with our weather, November should have snow.  Darn global warming.



 Corby and Sierra taking a siesta to allow for the upcoming shopping that will soon be approaching.
 Bria and Ada were wearing dress up clothes from the basement and wanted to be videoed singing a song they learned in preschool. Love how when they are done they are outta there. Love the innocence of children.
 Ada wanted to do the same song again but all-by-herself this time!
I am a child of God is one of Ada's favorites right now. Notice the orange bow, we still love that thing but sadly this is the last time we saw it. Somehow it was never found after this performance. Rest in peace little orange hair ornament.

The day was great. At 7:30PM Corby took Teesh, Malia, and Sierra out Black Friday shopping, while I stayed with Jaren and Cindy playing games with the little ones this year. Corby dropped Teesh and Malia off at Walmart and I am happy to report they got everything they set out to get......way too go little budding bargain hunters! Corby went to a few other stores but wasn't as successful as above mentioned. He also had to take Sierra to the mall so she could hang out with her friends. When the shopping was complete, they came back grabbed me and the little ones and we made it home by 2:00AM. I love Black Friday shopping so missing sleep didn't bother me one bit.
Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was as great as ours. Now onto house decorating and thinking of Christmas. Ho Ho Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment