Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Natural Museum of History

Today I was able to go on, probably the last field trip with Malia. She is in 7th grade and her school does one field trip a year. We went to the Natural  Museum of History on the University of Utah Campus. Oh my, if you haven't been to the new place you really should take your family. It was incredible and this is coming from a not so excited about museums person. I know I am shallow, but history just doesn't do it for me.
The museum has been moved to a huge building and has 5 levels. Malia's teacher gave the group that I chaperoned a list of questions that we had to locate throughout the museum. It was tricky finding the right answers but overall educational as well as fun.
I took a few photos of the joint with my group. I had four girls who made my job super easy.
 Hannah, Brittney, Malia and Avery
 Avery and Malia concentrating so hard
 These dinosaurs were huge, what would it have been like when they roamed the earth?
 Look, I have a loose tooth

 This Mammoth is ginormous
 Just an example of the different stuffed animals that we learned about.

Like I said earlier, this place was amazing. So much to see so plan on being there all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment